Lifetime Colour Guarantee terms & conditions
At Rose Metallics we are enormously proud of the quality of our branded cutlery products and we are confident that you will be very happy with your purchase. Our PVD colour coating is a durable and thoroughly tested colour coating technique designed to provide long lasting colour coverage, provided the cutlery is looked after as instructed.
However, for your full assurance before purchasing, as well as 28 day returns if you change your mind, we also offer a lifetime colour guarantee against major colour loss of your cutlery.
What is classified as major colour loss?
Major colour loss means more than 50% loss of the colour coating of your cutlery set where the silver stainless steel is clearly visible and showing underneath. Instances of major colour loss are extremely rare and are usually caused by harsh cleaning agents. Colour loss resulting from improper care is not covered under the guarantee.
How do I submit a claim for the lifetime colour guarantee?
To submit a claim, please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Photo evidence in good light showing the front and back of the cutlery pieces
- Your full name (first and last) so we can locate your order
- Any additional details that would be useful for us to understand to ensure any feedback is correctly integrated back into production and product improvement.
We are committed to ensuring our current and future products perform to the highest standards, therefore your valued feedback is always welcomed!
What am I entitled to under the lifetime colour guarantee?
Upon receipt of your claim, your evidence will be reviewed within 3 working days and you will be offered a choice from the following:
- A replacement of the same set if it is still available, shipping on us
- A replacement of an equivalent priced set if you’d like to choose a different colour or style, shipping on us
In certain circumstances, Rose Metallics may offer a refund for the relevant set/s (excluding shipping costs).
What is not covered under the lifetime colour guarantee?
We have tried to give as much information on our website regarding what to expect from normal use and how to best look after your cutlery. As with any frequently used utensils, you can expect some minor signs of use long term. However, these are considered to be normal product wear.
The following list is not exhaustive but here is an example of some things that are considered normal wear and tear and are not covered under the guarantee:
- Light scratches through normal use and washing.
- Dulling or watermarks - this is usually down to the cutlery not being completely dried after washing and is easily fixed with a dry cloth polish.
- Any damage caused through improper use or use other than what the cutlery is intended for (e.g eating meals!). Washing is considered part of proper use as long as the care guidelines are followed. Please see the next point.
- Colour loss through improper care e.g using alkaline/acidic or caustic cleaning agents, long term soaking, extra long or very high temperature dishwashes.
- Slight colour change or fade over time - these light variations are uncommon but considered natural product evolution if they occur, as they won’t detract from the look or quality of the cutlery.
Do remember to give your cutlery a quick polish once dry, this will ensure they continue looking their best even after many uses!
Please read the following carefully:
- The terms and information featured on this page represent a contract between Rose Metallics (“service provider”) and you (“the customer”), valid from the date and time that you make a purchase from www.rosemetallics.co.uk.
- These terms are applicable for all purchases made from 22.7.2019 and lay out the rights of the customer to request a replacement cutlery set in the event of 50% or more colour loss of the original purchased set. Customers who have purchased before this date are still welcome to contact us if any concerns or issues arise.
- Rose Metallics reserves the right to amend this agreement at any time.
- Claims will only be considered for legitimate orders purchased through the www.rosemetallics.co.uk website. Cutlery sets bought via other websites are not covered under this guarantee.
- Claims will not be considered without photographic evidence.
- The measurement of 50% colour loss will be determined via the photographic evidence. Rose Metallics reserves the right to make the final judgement on whether or not the claim meets the required percentage; and the right to reject the claim if it is believed the colour loss is less than this percentage.
- Unsuccessful claims can be resubmitted at a later date.
- In the event of a successful claim or if more evidence is required, Rose Metallics may request the return of the original set at their expense.
- The money-back guarantee is only applicable to the retail side of the website. Please see separate guarantee terms for Wholesale and Hire.
- Rose Metallics reserves the right to reject claims that do not meet the terms of this agreement or are otherwise determined to be insincere, incorrect or malicious in any way (e.g if it is obvious that colour loss has been achieved via purposeful means).
- Rose Metallics reserves the right to extend the time of a claim review at their discretion.
- Rose Metallics reserves the right to offer an order value refund (excluding shipping costs) at their discretion.
- Where relevant, refunds will be processed as soon as a claim is approved. Please allow 3-5 days for the funds to be returned to your bank account.
If you have any questions or concerns, or need more help with your purchase, please don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.