Coloured Cutlery Care
Colourful cutlery requires a little extra care to keep it looking its best. But don’t worry, it’s very straightforward and largely common sense!
1. In general we recommend handwashing all our ranges for best long-term maintenance.
2. However, our cutlery is safe to be washed in a dishwasher.
3. You should ensure you use PH neutral tablets/liquid when hand or dishwashing, as acidic or alkali additives can cause the colour coating of the cutlery to fade more quickly.
*PLEASE NOTE*: many standard household cleaning brands veer on the alkaline side of the PH scale. Reasonably priced, PH neutral variants are available from leading grocery and high street retailers.
4. Dishwasher salt or rinse aid may also have an impact on the longevity of the coating as can dishwashing on high temperatures or long rinses.
5. Avoid prolonged contact with acidic based food substances.
6. Do not use heavy duty or heavily chlorinated powders, liquids or gels.
7. Never soak your cutlery for long periods or overnight.
8. Avoid the use of abrasive cloths.
9. We recommend the cutlery is thoroughly dried with a tea towel after both dishwashing or hand-washing, to minimise water marks. Do not leave cutlery in a damp dishwasher overnight.
10. Watermarks can usually be fixed with a quick splash under cold water and a good dry with a soft tea towel (or other soft cloth).
If you have any questions regarding colourful cutlery care, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the contact form in the menu.